Ramblings of an obsessed fashion trend setter

Friday, February 20, 2009

Gloriously Remastered

There are always some people who you feel a strange connection to, even though you may have never met that person. This person, for me, would have my great grandmother Theresa. She was always the stylish one on my dad's side and I have only heard wonderful things about her. Mostly about her mushrooms. But, also about her fashion sense and I have her accessories (that I frequently wear) to prove it.
In the spirit of my mother's 50th, behold vintage photos!

This was at my Grandma's college graduation. My dad's the smallest one. I mean check out that pink hat! So fierce.
Great Grandma Theresa with classic pearls, Grandma Lois, and my uncle Kenny
So classy. I really enjoy looking at these old pictures =D

My dad as a baby (looking quite evil mastermind-y) and Grandma Theresa with her fabulous brooches.

This is what I imagine is going through my dad's mind: "sooonn grandma, sooon. I will rule ze world! If only i vasn't stuck in zis insolvent baby body I vould have taken over ze vorld by now!"

Grandma Theresa with my uncle Mark. So precious!

My Grandma Lois is in the middle! I don't know who the women are besides her, but they all look so picturesque. If only I could figure out how to get my hair like that!
Now, we travel forward in time to the 70's! This is my dad in the 8th grade. I enjoy his pants.
My Uncle Kenny and uncle Mark looking quite serious. I also enjoy his wavy hair and tie. So groovy. =DHappy Friday everyone!
-e

3 comments:

Stacy said...

These old photos are fantastic.

LF said...

great photos indeed!! and what a lovely lovely blog you have!!

jess.s.

Emily said...

thank you so much!