Ramblings of an obsessed fashion trend setter

Monday, January 12, 2009

See what I told you?

Girly mixed with grunge. One of my more inspired outfits. As a child of the 90's (established 1990, yo!) I only wish I was old enough to remember the actual grunge trend. I think I was too busy dancing to Backstreet Boys to even notice. 'Green Shrug from H&M, Stolen Black Tank Top, Forever 21 Purple Tutu, butchered Forever 21 tights, and Adidas by Stella McCartney Black Ballet Flats. Jewlery: Lacey/Heart necklace, a christmas present from an ex-friend, and Jody McGill Antique Cameo necklace.

Although, le sigh, not everyone at my school understands my thought process when cutting up my own tights.

"you know your tights are ripped, right?"
"really? I thought it was a little breezy..."
The ones with the lower IQ's had a harder time understanding my sacrasm
"did you do that to your tights on purpose?
"No, actually they got caught in a blender"
"ohmygosh! how did that happen?"
".... I'm just kidding"

p.s. I like to call most of these fashionably inept patrons in my head the fashion unconsious (aberzombies, if you will) because in the fashion bubble that is high school (where the trends are waaaay behind), everyone seems to unconscious to real fashion and innovation, if you ask me.

Last week, for example, I saw some girl wearing a magenta (mag-netta *tehe Bronte*) Juicy Coture velour track suit with a matching bag! The whole outfit was an explosion of magenta velour and I thought I might be sick. Why anyone would pay $200 for one of those bags is beyond me... none the less.


It's the ones that are really make me giggle.
"oh god" *snicker snicker*
and if I weren't a passive agressive non confrontational child, I might have pushed them down the stairs. But, on to happier things.

50's Looking Floral Strapless dress from Express and Mom's kind of studded belt from the 80's/90's

Taking pictures in front of my fashion decked out wall is turning out to be one of my favorite past times. I might redo it in a while, but I have much better things that I should be doing... like that scholarship application.

But, since I'm leaving for San Francisco in FOUR DAYS this picture and dress reminded me of warmer summer/spring days.
Tonight we have a blizzard watch. Oh, how I love the Midwest =\ Pray for a snow day!

uhm, there may be a JOINT VLOG (2nd most favorite word to say. ever) awith the lady Bronte and myself coming up soon!
I'm not sure if she's uploaded it to youtube or not, but it will give YOU, my dear 2 and 1/2 readers, something to look forward to that doesn't have to do with lost (9 days!!!!!11!!eleven!!!)
ttfn.
Emily

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

By George, you're adorable.

More joint vlogs and photo shoots when you return from Cali!

The Stylish Wanderer said...

LOve the tights!

Emily said...

Oh! Thank you! That means so much coming from you!!!!!!

What is Reality Anyway? said...

i loveee the fun looks xx